Very short chapter, the low information diet.
Only let very few things get into your field of view, and when you do, make sure their worth it and immediately actionable.
The exercise is to go on a one week media fast.
Like much of the book, I don't necessarily agree with Tim's short term thinking here, but I'm going short term for now because it's what I need.
I find the low information diet incredibly hard to follow, especially when it comes to online stuff. I find myself on facebook, rsdnation, or browsing the web for interesting shit without even realizing it, then remembering I'm on the low information diet and shutting it out.
I think I may want to keep this up for longer than a week... looking at such useless information so often is an awful habit, and one that I need to break.
I haven't been able to apply it to emails... this is a case where Tim's thinking is actually to long term for my situation. I'd just fuck myself over in the short term.
Chapter 7 coming up next.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment